[Vpn-help] network shares && smbclient -L - connection refused

Stefan Bauer stefan.bauer at plzk.de
Fri Apr 4 14:58:55 CDT 2008

dear users,

i discovered a strange behavior with shrewsoft vpn client and windows
file && printer shares.

the directories and printers shared by windows hosts can not be used
correctly. if i use smbclient -L \\ip-address-of-windows-host from a
client, within the lan i want to access, i directly get a connection
refused.

in my first setup i used the lancom vpn client connected to our
vpn-gateway whereby i can access the shares and printers without problems.

any ideas to work this problem out? it must have something to do with
the shrew client.

regards from germany

--

stefan.bauer at plzk.de                       Linux Professional
Phone  +49 89 26 216 964                   Debian GNU/Linux

Bitte senden Sie mir keine Word- oder PowerPoint-Anhänge.
Siehe http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.de.html