[Vpn-help] shrew soft Linux client --> netgear FVS114 problems

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Wed Aug 6 02:20:13 CDT 2008

jvb wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have an Asus EEE laptop running Debian Lenny, and I would like to
> reach my home LAN (10.38.0.0/24) via my FVS114 VPN router while I'm on
> the move.
> My FVS114 already has a VPN tunnel enabled to another FVS114 and it
> works OK.
>
> For my "road warrior" access, I created an IKE policy named "nomade".
> Here are the parameters:

Hi jvb,

You problem is likely related to the fact that you are attempting to use
the "ike config pull" configuration method. This method will only work
with appliances that are specifically designed to support client based
connectivity. Try using the manual configuration method and entering an
address and subnet mask for the virtual adapter that does not overlap
with your private network address scheme.

Hope this helps,