[Vpn-help] Non-local DNS lookup failed in 2.1.0-release

Tai-hwa Liang avatar at mmlab.cse.yzu.edu.tw
Sun Aug 17 22:21:42 CDT 2008

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008, Matthew Grooms wrote:
> Tai-hwa Liang wrote:
>> On Sat, 16 Aug 2008, Matthew Grooms wrote:
>>
>>   Yes, I'm using split DNS(default).  See attached file for exported
>> settings.
>>
> Are you specifying a split_domain list in the modecfg section of the
> racoon.conf file?

   I do:

# local network information
mode_cfg {
         # starting address of the IP address pool
         network4        192.168.123.2;
         netmask4        255.255.255.0;

         # maximum number of clients
         pool_size       20;

         # authentication source user database on the system
         auth_source     pam;

         # do PAM accounting
#       accounting      pam;

         # configuration source from data given in this section
         conf_source     local;

         # DNS and WINS servers IP addresses
         dns4            192.168.0.1;
         wins4           192.168.0.51;

         # default domain information
         default_domain  "example.com";
         split_dns "example.com", "test2.com", "test3.com";
         split_network include 192.168.0.0/24, 192.168.1.0/24;

         # welcome message
         banner          "/usr/local/etc/racoon/motd";
}