[Vpn-help] Problem in configuring in ubuntu 8.04

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Thu Aug 21 11:14:06 CDT 2008

P.M.S.Prakash wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>
> I tried from Fedora as well and the tunnels gets disconnected after few
> seconds with "gateway not responding" message.
>
> The following is what logged on the vpn router when the tunnel is
> established. Can you suggest where is the problem?

It looks like phase1 is completing but phase2 is not being attempted.
Your router log showed that it received a delete message from the client
in its log output. Does that happen when you click dis-connect or does
the client eventually show an error message?

It looks like we need to figure out why the client is not attempting to
initiate a phase2 exchange. What does your site configuration show in
the policy tab?

It would also be helpful to review the debug level output from the ike
daemon. Here is some documentation on how to bump up the log level for
submitting a bug report ...

http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/BugReportVpnUnix