[Vpn-help] Client and Remote subnets are the same

Jeff jlar310 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 10:27:10 CST 2008

We are trying to migrate to a Juniper SSG. We have successfully set up
the SSG to accept connections from the Shrew client. However, our
office subnet is 192.168.1.0/24, which matches most home networks. We
do not yet know for sure that this is the problem, but so far, we have
only had success with Shrew/SSG when the client subnet is different.
Home users where think that the subnet is the same can establish a
connection, but do not pass any useful traffic.

This was not an issue when we used the Cisco VPN Client to our Cisco router.

1. Are the matching subnets the likely source of the problem?
2. Can it be fixed without renumbering either the office or home subnets?

--
Jeff