[Vpn-help] Netgear VPN setup

TC Perchert todd at wrightedge.com
Tue Dec 23 15:14:15 CST 2008

I was attempting to set up my Netgear FVS318 v3 Prosafe VPN Firewall/Router
for use with Shrew VPN client, but I am not sure about the setup config. The
Netgear configuration provided on the Shrew site is way different from the
one I am looking at. I think part of the problem arises from the IKE policy
wanting FQDN for local and remote. I am trying to connect to a static IP
from what will be mobile PCs(WinXPPro), and logging on to a local domain on
Win2003 Standard. Does anyone have experience with this Netgear product that
could help with config? Once set up, I would love to post config information
to assist others trying to use this same Netgear product as a VPN with
Shrew.

Thanks. TC