[Vpn-help] DNS suffix search list

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sat Jan 12 11:54:51 CST 2008

Mathieu Guillaume wrote:
> Is there a way to specify a suffix search list for DNS requests? (I'm
> using 2.0.3)

You cannot currently supply a list of DNS suffixes. You should be able
to specify a single connection-specific DNS suffix.

> My clients can connect to the private network just fine, ipconfig show
> the dns address and "connection-specific dns suffix" are set correctly,
> but I still can't resolve names without specifying the full suffix
> (name.privdomain.com gets resolved, name doesn't).

Do you have SplitDNS enabled? If so, try disabling it and see if this
resolves your problem. If you need SplitDNS to work with the connection
specific DNS suffix, please give 2.1.0 alpha 5 a try.