[Vpn-help] New 2.1.0 release candidate ...

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Mon Jun 2 00:09:06 CDT 2008

All,

I just posted the first 2.1.0 release candidate on the website. This
build includes two important bug fixes. The first was related to an
issue in the windows IPsec daemon that caused the IKE daemon to fail
when processing multiple acquire messages. This led to communications
failures over time. The second was related to invalid DPD timeouts that
occurred during ISAKMP SA re-negotiation. Thanks to all who performed
testing and provided feedback. Please see the release changelogs on the
download page for more detail.

http://www.shrew.net/?page=download

The other thing you will notice is that most of the software got a minor
face lift. A new brand logo and an improved icon set were imported for
both the windows and unix builds. This was long overdue. Special thanks
to Daniel Walter Scott who created the new icon set. For a quick look,
check out the new software page screen shots.

http://www.shrew.net/?page=software

Now that we are in release candidate, time is running short to report
new bugs or follow up on anything we may have overlooked. Please help
out by downloading this build and running some tests. If no bugs are
reported, we just need to iron out documentation before the release.

Thanks again,