[Vpn-help] Network Shares & MTU

mgrooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sun Mar 9 21:12:47 CDT 2008

On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 20:38:42 +0100, "Markus Stockhausen"
<markus.stockhausen at collogia.de> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> as you might have read, I head some trouble accessing
> network shares over VPN to our domain controller.
> After a few days of searching the web I found out,
> that my problem is the default MTU of 1500 in the
> Shrew client. There are some infos floating around
> that you should set the MTU to 1400 or less when
> experience VPN connection problems with Windows 2003
> SP1. Setting the value to 1300 everything works
> like a charm now.
>
> Maybe the default MTU could be set to an appropriate
> value to eleminate further confusions.

Markus,

Sorry I wasn't more responsive on this issue last week. Things were very
busy on my end. The thought of decreasing the MTU was something I was going
to suggest but I didn't have a chance to mention it. Thanks for sticking
with it and for posting your problem resolution to the list.