[Vpn-help] Zywall 70 problem

mgrooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sun Mar 9 21:39:05 CDT 2008

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 12:24:38 -0400, Vladislav Malyshkin <mal at gromco.com>
wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Vladislav,

Thanks for trying out the Shrew Soft client.

> I have a
> problem to establish phase 2 VPN to zywall 70 using 2.0.3 version.
> Linux racoon called directly is OK with zywall 70, shrew vpn is not.

If there is bug that causes problems with connectivity then we will be
fixing it in the 2.1.0 branch. No future releases are planned for the 2.0.x
branch.

> The 2.1 beta does not work for any router.

Does not work for any router? Do you mean any Fortigate router?

> Other routers are OK.

It does work for other routers? Do you mean any non Fortigate router?

> Also. the 2.1 beta created a number of devices which is hard to remove
> from windows configuration.

Were you using the 2.1.0 beta 2 build? Please set the log level output to
debug using the VPN Trace application, restart the IKE daemon and reproduce
the problem where multiple devices are being created. Afterwards, please
stop the IKE service and send me the log output.