[Vpn-help] New 2.1.0 beta 6 release ...

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Wed May 28 23:57:53 CDT 2008

All,

I just posted a the 2.1.0 beta 6 release on the website. This build
includes changes that hopefully correct the pesky DNS issue. I believe
the problem was first reported by Peter Eisch at boku and has since been
re-reported by several other users. Previously there was only a work
around available that involved restarting the dns cache service. Special
thanks go to Mark Jenks who graciously tested several versions on
hardware that experienced this issue. More testing is required so please
let me know if anyone still sees the issue. A very important fix for
phase2 negotiations has also been included. We now always respond to
quick mode messages using the same ISAKMP SA as the initiator. Responses
using another valid SA caused problems when communicating with several
commercial gateways. The worst effected seemed to be Cisco and Juniper
units. Thanks to all who performed testing and provided feedback. Please
see the release changelogs on the download page for more detail.

http://www.shrew.net/?page=download

I am looking into one other problem that was reported by Noach Sumner.
Apparently, some Vista machines are not able to obtain a DHCP address
after reboot. I will follow up with this and any other issues reported.

Thanks again,