[Vpn-help] 2.1.4 Beta problem in WinXP with PIX

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Wed Oct 29 16:20:37 CDT 2008

Marc Goldburg wrote:
> With 2.1.4 beta and several of the preceding releases, I am unable to
> connect to a PIX running Cisco software 6.3(5) that I was previously
> able to connect to with version 2.0.3 of the Shrew client with an
> identical config.  The Shrew client complains about "invalid message
> from gateway" and in the log, below, the corresponding event seems to be
> the the following one
>
>     08/10/29 13:23:26 !! : config message type is invalid for pull config
>
> Any pointers would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Mark,

Could you please enable the decrypted IKE packet dump and send it to me
in a private email? Its a lot easier to look at in tcpdump than to try
to decode the hex in my head :) It would be even better if you could
also send me a decrypted IKE packet dump from a version of the client
that is known to work for you. If I can compare them both side by side,
I'm quite certain I can have the problem corrected in no time at all.

Thanks in advance,