[Vpn-help] Multiple clients behind the same NAT gateway possible ?

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Thu Oct 30 12:56:06 CDT 2008

Mathieu Guillaume wrote:
> Hi list.
>
> I'm running into a problem where I have several clients needed to
> connect from behind the same NAT gateway, but only one can connect at a
> time.
> Is that an inherent limitation of IPSec+NAT-T, or is there something I
> missed in the configuration ?

Matthieu,

I do most of my testing with clients behind a NAT device and can confirm
that multiple clients work with gateways that properly implement the RFC
specification. What kind of gateway are you connecting to and are you
sure NAT-T is being successfully negotiated by the client? You can check
the latter by looking at the Network tab of the VPN Connect application
after connecting which shows the "Transport Used".