[Vpn-help] Wifi hardware button does not work after reboot

Andreas Balzer andreasbalzer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 14:30:32 CDT 2009

Hi,
I installed shrew (stable) VPN on a HP TX2 with Win7 64Bit Beta.
It worked fine until I rebooted my computer the first time. After
reboot my Wifi button at the notebook (hardware button) refused to
work. Normally it enables and disables both Wifi and Bluetooth but
after I installed shrew and restarted it didn't do anything. Windows
Troubleshooter detected that the button is "off" and changing it by
software did not help. The problem persisted until I did a system
restore to remove shrew VPN (a normal uninstall did not help).

How can I fix this issue?

Andreas