[Vpn-help] Cisco Group Authentication Help

Stephen Manuel srmanuel at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 1 08:52:38 CDT 2009

I have the following setup.

Windows Vista 64-bit OS.

I need to connect to a Cisco PIX firewall that uses Cisco's Group
Authentication.

I have the PCF file that you would normally import into the Cisco VPN client
and I have a 2811 Router configuration provided by the company I'm trying to
connect to.

I have the VPN group password.

In fact I think I have everything I need to get connected but for some
reason I can't.

I've used the How-to Guide for connecting to the PIX on the Shrew Website to
no avail. I get a user authentication error. When I attempt to connect to
the site, immediately I get a username/password field but no combination of
usernames/passwords that I have been provided by the company work.

Can someone look at the PCF file and/or the Router Config and help get
connected, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Stephen Manuel