[Vpn-help] Can't get VPN to pass packets larger than 34 bytes

Andy LaFontaine Andy.LaFontaine at ehc-global.com
Wed Aug 26 14:23:57 CDT 2009

I have just installed the 2.1.4 client on a Vista 64bit Windows machine
to connect to a Netscreen SSG20. The SSG20 was already configured to
support Netscreen-Remote VPN clients and that works just fine, but they
don't have a 64bit client so I'm trying this one out. Anyway, I believe
I've configured this client to match all the settings used by the
Netscreen client, and the client appears to connect just fine. I can
ping any client by name (DNS resolution over VPN working) and IP
address, but no other services connect. With some playing around with
different ping size, I notice that any ping message of 35 bytes or
larger to never receives replies. Pings 34bytes or less respond
perfectly. I played a bit with MTU and IKE fragmentation settings but
didn't make any difference. Not sure where to go from here?

Andy