[Vpn-help] Question about SonicWall

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Wed Aug 19 12:58:26 CDT 2009

Eric Krauska wrote:
> I know on the site it says SonicWall is not supported yet.  I'm just
> seeking clarification.  Is this because no one has tested this or is
> this because it is not compatible?

Its an incompatibility with DHCP over IPsec. Each vendor appears to
handle this slightly differently. Currently our implementation works
with Fortigate. Hopefully I will find the time to fix this since I
believe its the only thing holding back SonicWall compatibility. One
user claimed that it works fine if you use a static address for the
virtual adapter but I can't confirm this.