[Vpn-help] 2.1.5-release and Windows 7 64bit

Rick Kline mondhaschen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 12:01:09 CST 2009

Hi All,

I work from home and I'm using 2.1.5-release on Windows 7 64bit. I
have a Cisco ASA IPSEC VPN that I connect to.
I can connect with shrew and use putty to login to a server, but that
is it. As soon as I try another command putty hangs.
If I try and connect to one of my tomcat manager pages with IE or FF
it stalls and eventually times out.

2 other guys I work with (work at home also), both have w7 64bit, both
use 2.1.5-release, both connect to the same
Cisco vpn and both can quite happily work all day long on the vpn.
I compared my machine to theirs, used their *.vpn and *.pcf files.

I thought it might be my ADSL router, I installed the 2.1.5-relase on
my XP box and it works ok, I installed the linux
2.1.5-release on my FC11 box and it works ok. I can access via
putty/ssh and IE or FF anything on the vpn via these two machines.

I tried a fresh install of w7 64bit, ran updates, turned off the
windows firewall and installed the 2.1.5-release and putty as the only
software.

Still the same behaviour, the vpn connects, I can ping a machine on
the vpn all day... but when use putty or try and access to the vpn
with IE or FF, nothing works and times out.

I used the VPN Trace app, the only thing I could see that looked out
of order was under the IPSEC Service tab...

ignoring ARP request for 192.168.33.1, no policy found (default
gateway on the ASA)
ignoring ARP request for 192.168.33.150, no policy found (one of our
dev tomcat servers)
ARP packet has invalid header
failed to locate security policy by id XX

Please help if you can.

Thank you

Rick