[Vpn-help] vpn-help Digest, Vol 39, Issue 28

MATT PIERCE matt.pierce at adtran.com
Mon Dec 14 12:18:45 CST 2009

We often use telnet to verify a TCP port is listening.  It's just a bit
more information than ping can give.  Could you telnet from the client
to the server with the command telnet IPADDRESS 3389.  If you get a
flashing cursor it's a good bet the problem is at the application. If
you get a connection failed, then there is something at the network
layer amiss or the service is not listening.  Netstat on the server side
would show if the service is listening. Netstat -anp tcp look for 3389.

"Matthew,
I can ping the 2008 server. I have tried decreasing the MTU size to as
low
as 1100 with no change in the behavior.
The client has a full T1.
Let me know if you need any further info.
Thanks!
Amanda Proffitt"