[vpn-help] Recommended settings for Name Resolution for use with AVM FRitzbox

Alfred Haider mail at eahaider.de
Mon Dec 21 04:43:50 CST 2009

Hello,

I'm using the client with an AVM FritzBox 3170. I use the recommended
settings from the AVM page and the client work fine.
Have no trouble to connect to my home network with my work computer. But if
I have running vmware on my work computer, my vmware guest system can not
resolve dns name.
I have to disable the vpn and the shrew filter in the network adapter
settings.

Can I solve the problem with settings in the Name Resolution option of the
client?
The work-computer and vmware guest os get's his networksettings from a dhcp.
At the moment I have DNS disabled and at Split DNS "Obtain Automatically" is
not selected.

Maybe someone can help me with this problem.

Thank you for your help !!

Greetings,
Alfred