[vpn-help] VPN client's Link Local address range behaviour

John Burger johnb at ghs.com
Tue Dec 22 17:14:22 CST 2009

Hi all,

I was wondering if Shrew Soft's VPN client 2.1.5-release does anything to the 169.254.0.0/16 subnet (the Link Local or APIPA one).
If the VPN Server instructs it to do something, I'm sure it would, but I'm trying to find out if VPN Connect does anything itself.
If it does, is there any way of turning that behaviour off?

My symptom is that the 169.254.0.0/16 subnet is being added to the route table, against the Shrew Soft's Virtual Adapter interface. Is this expected behaviour?

With thanks for any information,

John Burger