[Vpn-help] Win7 x64 loses DNS server on primary NIC

Stian Jordet liste at jordet.net
Thu Dec 10 03:24:05 CST 2009

Matthew Grooms skrev:
> Would you happen to both be using the "Append these DNS suffixes (in
> order)" option in the TCP/IP settings of your network adapter
> settings? The default is "Append primary and connection specific DNS
> suffixes" so that code path has been more thoroughly tested.
At least I don't... I have only tried this using my 3g-card, because I
already have a static vpn between work and my home - so I can't use
dialup vpn from my own internet connection. But the tcp/ip settings on
the 3g card connection is set to "Append primary and connection specific
DNS suffixes"...

Awesome that you're looking into this. I will definately donate some
money when this is fixed - my Windows 7 has even stopped crashing now,
with the 2.1.6-beta1 :D And it's a great bonus that you have a
linux-version as well. Really great work!

Thank you!

Regards,
Stian