[Vpn-help] Cisco Easy VPN with Virutal Template: Access up, but line protocol down

Kang Sun sun_kang at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 10 09:21:03 CST 2009

Greetings!
  I am testing the Shrew client on Windows XP SP3 32-bit.
  Cisco VPN Client work's fine! I then imported the pcf file into Shrew Manager. I got an IP address from the private network, which means, I am not mistaken, both Phase 1 and Phase 2 are up, and the tunnel is established.
  However, I cannot ping anywhere. Further poking on the Server side, I saw
  Virtual-Access26 is up, line protocol is down ...
  The VPN server is a Cisco 3840 with Easy VPN with virtual template configured, something like http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6586/ps6635/prod_white_paper0900aecd803645b5.html
  I wonder if there is anything special I need to configure on the Shrew side or the server side.
  Thank you for your help.
-- Kang Sun