[Vpn-help] Having a problem with RDP traffic to Windows 7 and 2008 servers over ShrewSoft VPN

Amanda Proffitt aproffitt at broadstar.net
Fri Dec 11 12:11:51 CST 2009

I have the client connecting to an Adtran Netvanta 3448 for a customer. The
VPN tunnel comes up without a problem but when I try to RDP into servers
behind the router I can only reach those that are Windows 2003 Server, I
cannot RDP into the 2008 servers nor can I into Windows 7 machines. I also
cannot connect to file shares on the 2008 server.

When I connect to the same Netvanta using the NCP Secure Entry Client with
the exact same settings, I am able to browse file shares and RDP into the
2008 servers and Windows 7 desktops.

Do you have any suggestions as to what is causing this problem?

Thank you for your help!

Amanda Proffitt