[vpn-help] Please Help Test Possible CiscoInteroperability Improvements ...

James Snell james.snell at motific.com
Sat Dec 19 05:41:21 CST 2009

** I'm new here so if I've committed some form of list-etiquette crime then
please, be nice!

Matthew -

Special thanks from me too!  This work couldn't have come at a better time
for me.  I have clients with Netgear and Cisco gear and use Win7/x64 myself
so if I can get it working then this is looking like the ideal solution for
me.

Without wanting to continue being a "me too", I'm getting similar log
results in 2.1.6 b2...

09/12/19 10:03:55 ii : rebuilding vnet device list ...
09/12/19 10:03:55 ii : device ROOT\VNET\0000 disabled
09/12/19 10:03:55 ii : network process thread begin ...
09/12/19 10:03:55 ii : pfkey process thread begin ...
09/12/19 10:03:55 !! : unable to connect to pfkey interface

In the first connection attempt, I get config pull response with an IP etc
but then the connection immediately drops and any subsequent connection
attempts give a "failed to attach to key daemon ..." message in the connect
window.

Under 2.1.5 release I imported a PCF which works on the Cisco client they
use and it appears to connect but we never get traffic over the wire, the SA
fail count would just keep going up.

At this point, my noobs are showing and I'm not sure if the Cisco 857 I'm
trying to connect to is PIX or ASA, so I don't know which if any of those
workarounds I should be testing.

Thanks in advance...
~James