[Vpn-help] for the wishlist - "scripting" enhancement

Joerg de la Haye haye at lab-quade.de
Mon Jan 26 12:28:35 CST 2009

Hi Matthew,

I'd like to see one option implemented in the client, so may I add them
to the wishlist?

I use the client both for roadwarrior scenario with ipseca and in a
somehow "scripted" way in conjunction with ipsecc. The roadwarrior usage
is excellent for me, but for the scripting way it lacks one thing.

It would be nice to have a preference option to exit the client program
if the server side brings down the tunnel. I have ipsecc-clients
connecting to a linux server to receive some files into a windows share,
a client-side program exit by "tunnel down" would help me a lot to
achieve a fully autmated and scripted communication on both sides.

What do you think of my suggestions?

Joerg

P.S.: Sometimes I have to restart services to get a fully functional
client (2.1.5 Beta dialup fix, 64Bit Windows). The tunnel itself is
enabled, routing is set correctly on the Linux side, but I can't ping or
do anything TCP/IP related. Restarting services helps then, but
unfortunately I can't give you enough and exact information about the
circumstances when it happens...