[Vpn-help] Windows client 2.1.4, Arkoon & autoconfiguration issues

Eric Masson emss at free.fr
Wed Jul 1 13:14:39 CDT 2009

Hello,

I've dug the archives but didn't find anything immediately related to
the problem I'm facing.

I have to connect to an Arkoon appliance (probably Linux based).

ShrewSoft client only connects with the following setup :
- General tab
  - Remote Host box
    - Auto configuration is set to disabled
  - Local Host box
    - Address method is set to use virtual adapter and assigned address
    - Address and Netmask are set to an address of the remote lan

If I try to use ike config pull, phase 2 never succeeds.

Another client (The GreenBow) can connect by specyfing 0.0.0.0 on phase
2 parameters, the Arkoon then assigns it a correct address.

Am I missing something truly obvious regarding 2.1.4 configuration,
please ?

Regards

Éric Masson

--
 J'ai bien compris le fonctionnement, merci. Un vote NON est une censure
 inadmissible. Je ne vois pas, finalement, ce qui empèche tout un chacun