[Vpn-help] smb share

Stefan Bauer stefan.bauer at plzk.de
Sun Mar 1 07:48:24 CST 2009

Barker Ben (ST) schrieb:

> However, for another VPN, I need to use a virtual adapter to make sure I am on the correct subnet. However, the shrewsoft adapter has "disabled" next to netBios over TCP/IP and I can't work out how to change this...

Netbios name resolution is done by sending broadcast packages which
is not working over routers and so should also not work over a vpn
if i remember correctly. In your case, simple ip-based samba/cifs
connections should work without enabling netbios over tcp/ip.

Apparently there is still some missing policy on your netscreen
appliance.

--

stefan