[Vpn-help] Connection to Cisco VPN fine but no routing

Matthew Butt Matthew.Butt at tricycleinc.com
Fri May 1 13:01:12 CDT 2009

I'm working on testing Shrew 2.1.5 beta on Windows 7 RC1 (build 7100) 64 bit.

I can connect fine to the remote Cisco VPN concentrator and the tunnel stays up without any problems.  However, I can't access any machines on the remote network.

If I look at the trace monitor app, the firewall tab correctly shows the new routes that should have been setup.  Additionally, if I run ROUTE PRINT from cmd line the new routes appear to be setup and forwarding down the VPN IP address.  However, if I traceroute to an IP that is supposed to be on the remote network (and is confirmed routed properly by ROUTE PRINT), the traceroute shows the traffic going out through my normal internet connection and not down the VPN tunnel.

I appreciate Windows 7 support is in beta - is there anything I need to do to fix this? Do you need any further info from me if this is a bug (such as IKE traces etc)? Unfortunately I don't have access to the remote VPN concentrator.

Many thanks,

Matt