[Vpn-help] Routing problem

Matthew Butt Matthew.Butt at tricycleinc.com
Wed Nov 4 08:31:18 CST 2009

Not sure if this helps at all.. if I try and ping an IP at the end of the tunnel,  I get an unreachable error, then the next responses are from my normal internet connection (10.5.1.31 is the IP given to me by VPN).  Some IPs removed for security...

D:\>ping aa.bb.cc.dd

Pinging aa.bb.cc.dd with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 10.5.1.31: Destination host unreachable.
Reply from 68.216.216.169: TTL expired in transit.
Reply from 68.216.216.169: TTL expired in transit.
Reply from 68.216.216.169: TTL expired in transit.

So it looks like the routes are working, but the traffic just isn't travelling.  Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks,

Matt