[Vpn-help] Connection established and then disconnects

Jeff Allison Jeff.Allison at amate.us
Thu Nov 5 10:31:47 CST 2009

Hello,

I recently started using the Shrew Soft VPN client on a 64-bit Windows 7
system. It was working well until this morning. I had a reboot overnight
to install Windows updates, which is the only recent change.

OS: Windows 7 64-bit
Client version: 2.1.0
VPN: Cisco (sorry, don't know the specifics).

Symptoms: I can bring up the client and seemingly get a tunnel
established, but I cannot connect to the remote network. After about 15
seconds the client reports that it has disconnected:

config loaded for site 'sfbay.pcf'
configuring client settings ...
attached to key daemon ...
peer configured
iskamp proposal configured
esp proposal configured
client configured
local id configured
pre-shared key configured
bringing up tunnel ...
network device configured
tunnel enabled
[about a 15 second pause here]
session terminated by gateway
tunnel disabled
detached from key daemon ...

Debug log attached. Any help with this would be appreciated!

- Jeff