[Vpn-help] Windows 7 32-bit - Problems only on Wireless NIC

Vance Krier vgk at adnetman.com
Wed Nov 11 22:51:24 CST 2009

Hey Group,

I'm stumped on this one and am hoping someone can help shed a little light.  I've been using Shrew 2.1.5rc? for a couple months on Win7 (7600), 32 bit.  It's been working fine.  Last week, I was out at an event and it was working fine on Monday.  On Tuesday, when I connected to the same wireless network, I could no longer get name resolution.  I messed with it for awhile and finally figured out that the Shrew DNS Proxy  Daemon was the culprit.  I stop that service and everything is ok.

Shortly after that, I realized I could no longer VPN.  I just get "negotiation timeout occurred".

I have uninstalled / reinstalled multiple times, including 2.1.5rc4 and 2.2.0a9.  All with the same issue.  I have deleted the wireless adapter / driver entirely, reinstalled as well as Shrew.   I have also performed a system restore back to a couple days before the problem started, no dice.

Both issues only occur on the wireless connection (regardless of the network I'm connected to, have tried 5 or 6).  All woks fine on the Ethernet connection as well as my aircard.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Vance