[Vpn-help] Bluescreen with Windows 7 64 bits with both2.1.5-rc4 and 2.2.0-alpha9

Charles Buckley ceb at mauto.com
Sun Nov 8 11:31:49 CST 2009

Interesting.  I get a problem with VFILTER.SYS sporadically reported with
the installation of Shrew 2.1.4 on WinXP32, but not on WinXP64, again with
2.1.4.  On WinXP64, it installs and even builds a tunnel, though only if
manually configured (no IKE config pull from a Netgear FVS336G).  No packets
get passed yet; still analyzing.

The WinXP32 is in the German language, if that's of any use.  The WinXP64 is
in US English.

If I don't get a BSOD on the 32-bit machine, then I get a hung machine,
which I have to reboot and use the System Recovery Tool to get beyond.

Charles