[Vpn-help] Win7 64-bit error at install: Error 0x8004a029: Couldn't install the network component

Doug Mayer dougtmayer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 15:09:36 CST 2009

Matt,

It appears that's what was happening. I found when I did a fresh install of 2.1.5 RC4 onto a Win7 x64 virtual machine that had never seen the VPN client before, it went in without any issues. I'll do some tweaking and see if I can't get it working with those suggestions and avoid a fresh OS install.

Thanks,
Doug