[Vpn-help] VPN username

Drew Patten dpatten at netcordia.com
Tue Nov 24 13:23:42 CST 2009

Try username at domain.com

From: vpn-help-bounces at lists.shrew.net
[mailto:vpn-help-bounces at lists.shrew.net] On Behalf Of Mike Bertrand
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 12:42 PM
To: vpn-help at lists.shrew.net
Subject: [Vpn-help] VPN username

Hello -

I am trying to connect to a VPN endpoint (cisco based), that requires a
domain name as part of the username. With the Cisco client, upon making
connection with the gateway, a box pops up that asks for user name,
domain name, and password.

When using the Shrew client, the connection is made, and it prompts for
user name and password only. I've tried entering it in the format of
"domain\username", but that does not work.

Could you please let me know how to properly input the domain name.

Thanks,

Mike