[Vpn-help] Using PCF Import, but it requires User/Password to Connect?

Garrett Gyssler gyssler at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 17:47:55 CDT 2009

Hi Guys,

When I connect using my company's PCF file and using Cisco software, I just
click 'connect.' It doesn't require me to insert any user/password.

But, when I import the PCF into Shrew Soft VPN Client (2.1.5 rc4) and click
connect, it asks for a username/password. I can't click connect without
inserting something into both of those fields. If I try to put in a bogus
user/password, it attempts to connect but will timeout with:

-

pre-shared key configured

bringing up tunnel ...

negotiation timout occurred

-

Anyone know what I need to do so that I can connect without a user/pass just
like Cisco does?

I've attached the PCF below. Thanks!

[main]

Description=Something

Host=******

AuthType=1

GroupName=********

GroupPwd=

enc_GroupPwd=******

EnableISPConnect=0

ISPConnectType=0

ISPConnect=hhhhh

ISPPhonebook=****\something.pbk

ISPCommand=

Username=

SaveUserPassword=0

UserPassword=

enc_UserPassword=

NTDomain=

EnableBackup=0

BackupServer=

EnableMSLogon=1

MSLogonType=0

EnableNat=1

TunnelingMode=0

TcpTunnelingPort=10000

CertStore=0

CertName=

CertPath=

CertSubjectName=

CertSerialHash=00000000000000000000000000000000

SendCertChain=0

PeerTimeout=90

EnableLocalLAN=1