[Vpn-help] Help Needed connecting to Cisco sites using Imported PCF file

Dale Puckett dpuckett at brainworks.com
Wed Oct 7 14:47:19 CDT 2009

Hello All,

I need to get a Cisco Client going on my Dell Latitude D830 so I can
connect to a number of our customer sites. I have working *.pcf files
for all of them. I searched the Archives and found one message where a
gentleman was having trouble trying to use an Imported PCF file without
a Username and Password.

I have a valid Username and Password for all three sites I tried so far.
I get the same set of messages when I try to connect to all three sites.

The installation of the version 2.1.5-RC4 software dated October 1, went
very smoothly. No hitches at all. It appears to run well also, if I
could get past this "negotiation timeout"

Here is the listing from the Connect dialog. Hopefully it will help.
I'll check the information gathering link on an earlier page and supply
more information if possible.

config loaded for site 'Buffalo.pcf'

configuring client settings ...

attached to key daemon ...

peer configured

iskamp proposal configured

esp proposal configured

client configured

local id configured

pre-shared key configured

bringing up tunnel ...

negotiation timout occurred

tunnel disabled

detached from key daemon ...

 Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Da1e

------

Dale L Puckett

Director of Operations, Midwest Division

Brainworks Software Development Corporation

7570 West 21st Street North, Building 1010C

dpuckett at brainworks.com, 631-963-5555