[Vpn-help] Check Point VPN-1 SecuRemote

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Wed Oct 14 19:28:07 CDT 2009

Stefan Bauer wrote:
> Paull M schrieb:
>> yep, I've figured it out. And as I understand, Shrew Soft VPN Client is not
>> support onetime-token authentication yet ?
>
> If i remember correctly, you create a onetime-password with your
> token generator and use this token (valid for a few minutes) with
> Mutual PSK against your vpn-concentrator.
>
> Matthew, can you confirm this?

Stefan,

Thanks again for chiming in. You have been extremely helpful on the list
and I greatly appreciate it!

As for one time passwords, I just looked at the Xauth draft and I don't
believe we support this. It would appear that the client needs to play a
role in building the response based on a challenge string. This is not
implemented but it doesn't look that hard. I'm not sure I have a device
that supports this however ( cisco, juniper, fortigate, linksys ? ).

If anyone can provide a link to documentation that guides me through a
gateway configuration for one-time-passwords, I can try to make sure
this is supported in the future.