[Vpn-help] Help Needed connecting to Cisco sites using Imported PCF file

Dale Puckett dpuckett at brainworks.com
Wed Oct 14 21:25:19 CDT 2009

Matthew,

Thank you for your note. I appreciate your help.

I need to let you know that, I restarted the Laptop after a few of these
attempts the next day, and after that everything started to work. Almost all
of my imported PCF files worked. A few were, out of date and didn't but
that's no fault of the VPN client.

One was especially tricky, because I was getting a message that it failed to
negotiate with the gateway for authentication. As it turned out, I had the
wrong PCF file for the site. When I got the correct one in place, everything
worked great.

You have a great product there! I plan on coming back to the web site and
making a donation.

Thanks,

Dale

On 10/14/09 7:33 PM, "Matthew Grooms" <mgrooms at shrew.net> wrote:

> Dale Puckett wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I need to get a Cisco Client going on my Dell Latitude D830 so I can
>> connect to a number of our customer sites. I have working *.pcf files
>> for all of them. I searched the Archives and found one message where a
>> gentleman was having trouble trying to use an Imported PCF file without
>> a Username and Password.
>>
>> I have a valid Username and Password for all three sites I tried so far.
>> I get the same set of messages when I try to connect to all three sites.
>>
>> The installation of the version 2.1.5-RC4 software dated October 1, went
>> very smoothly. No hitches at all. It appears to run well also, if I
>> could get past this ³negotiation timeout²
>>
>> Here is the listing from the Connect dialog. Hopefully it will help.
>> I¹ll check the information gathering link on an earlier page and supply
>> more information if possible.
>>
>> config loaded for site 'Buffalo.pcf'
>> configuring client settings ...
>> attached to key daemon ...
>> peer configured
>> iskamp proposal configured
>> esp proposal configured
>> client configured
>> local id configured
>> pre-shared key configured
>> bringing up tunnel ...
>> negotiation timout occurred
>> tunnel disabled
>> detached from key daemon ...
>> Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
>>

> Dale,
>
> Its difficult to say where the negotiation is failing without seeing at
> least the debug log output. Please have a look at the following page ...
>
> http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/BugReportVpnWindows
>
> -Matthew

Dale
-----
Dale L. Puckett, Director of Operations
Midwest Division, Brainworks Software Development Corporation
7570 West 21st Street North, Building 1010C, Wichita, KS 67205
dpuckett at brainworks.com, 631-963-5555