[Vpn-help] A little help?

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Wed Sep 2 23:52:18 CDT 2009

Walt Carr wrote:
> I am using ShrewSoft VPN client to connect to a Cisco VPN.  I have
> loaded 2.1.5-rc-2 so that I could use the pcf profile.  All seems to go
> smooth until I connect.
> I am able to connect using this profile and a Cisco client on my XP
> laptop.  I am trying Shrew because I am attempting to use my Vista-64
> laptop.  I really didn't expect it to go smooth.  Any words of wisdom
> would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Walt,

Do you know if your gateway requires PFS for IPsec SA negotiations? You
can try playing with that setting to see if it helps your communication
issue. The client didn't default to having PFS set to auto for PCF data
imports. This will only help if the administrator is smart enough to set
the modecfg option so the client will configure itself properly but it
is now the new default.

Hope this helps,