[Vpn-help] help with diag for vista 64 to cisco

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Mon Sep 14 01:57:51 CDT 2009

jeff ruff wrote:
> I am having a problem connecting to our Cicso VPN after importing our
> std Cisco pcf file.
>
> I am getting the following error after getting the VPN Gateway Login Banner
>
> bringing up tunnel ...
> network device configured
> tunnel enabled
> session terminated by gateway
> tunnel disabled
> detached from key daemon ...
>
> I am not a network guy, so any help in providing tools to diagnose the
> problem would be appreciated. Note the VPN is managed by a third party,
> so I pretty much need to provide the solution to them to implement.

Hi Jeff,

You can try using the VPN Trace application to obtain more information.
If it gets to the 'tunnel enabled' point, that means you completed
phase1, Xauth and modecfg negotiations. Its probably a phase2 option. As
I mentioned to others on the list, try playing with the PFS setting or
enabling the cisco-udp NAT-T option.

Hope this helps,