[vpn-help] (Fwd) RE: Internet Access Is Lost Win7 64-bit

Larry Burch lmburch at comcast.net
Tue Apr 13 17:44:42 CDT 2010

[Note:  I just now realized that I had replied only to Ken Johnson yesterday, not to vpn-help.]

Ken, thank you!  Works for me too!  I expect toggle+toggle to be much more convenient than
uninstall+reinstall -- or forgetting to "sleep", etc.  And after a restart, it's much faster to
re-toggle than to re-uninstall+install!

But being new to Windows 7, it took me a couple of hours to *find* that Lightweight Filter so that I
could actually do the toggling.  The following is my avenue to the Wireless Network Connection
Properties, where I found the Lightweight Filter listed:

    * Click on "Start" button, then on "Control Panel", then "Network and Sharing Center".
    * Click on "Change adapter settings" (upper left), then click on *your* connection.
    * New Status box opens; click on the "Properties" button; a new "Properties" box opens.
    * In the "items" section, click on the entry for Shrew Soft Lightweight Filter (to remove the
    checkmark), then click "OK".
    * Then click on that entry again (to restore the checkmark), then click "OK" again.

All set!  I assume it's similar for the non-wireless universe also.  Maybe this will save some time
for other 64-bitters.