[vpn-help] VPN will not stay connected

Dale Puckett dpuckett at brainworks.com
Wed Apr 28 13:04:55 CDT 2010

All:

I have been using Shrew VPN client successfully since this past fall
with Windows 7, 64-bit. Presently have Version 2.1.6 beta7 installed.
Did clean install after beta5 failed about two weeks ago.

We support a number of Newspaper clients that have various Cisco
gateways. They supply a PCF file to us. All of my PCFs worked fine until
two weeks ago.

By deleting Shrewsoft VPN, restarting, installing the above version, I
can now connect to all of our customers. However that's where it ends.

As soon as I start to do anything (make a Remote Desktop Connection, or
Ping a Host) the connection terminates with a "Disconnected by gateway".

This same scenario happens with all of my PCF files connecting to all
sites.

I have attached the logs of a typical session like this with a typical
client that has always worked flawlessly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dale

------

Dale L Puckett

Director of Operations, Midwest Division

Brainworks Software Development Corporation

7570 West 21st Street North, Building 1010C

dpuckett at brainworks.com, 631-963-5555