[vpn-help] FW: Blue Screen of death - 2.16 beta 7

'Joel Wener' joelwener at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 22:57:15 CDT 2010

Hi Matthew,

I have some more information that might help in finding the bug in the s/w.

It seems like, if I disconnect the windows VPN when there is no data
transfer occurring over the VPN, there is no issue. (or if I hibernate/put
to sleep the computer)

The BSOD occurs when the Windows VPN is disconnected while there is a data
transfer in progress, or not 100% finished.. (i.e. outlook/exchange), you
close outlook but it is not really 100% closed yet, and is completing data
transfer with exchange server, but you disconnect the VPN right after
closing Outlook.

This is why I do not see a BSOD by just connecting / disconnecting, it is
specifically, when Outlook has been open, or a transfer of data is taking
place over the VPN, when it is disconnected.

Thanks

Joel Wener

database 5070 (20100428) __________

http://www.eset.com