[vpn-help] Unable to connect using Windows 7

Milind Joshi miljosh68 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 06:57:13 CDT 2010

Hello,

I have a laptop (Windows XP, SP3) that uses Cisco VPN Client and it works
fine. I bought a new laptop that has Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), I am
trying to use the Shrew VPN Client but can not connect. Here are some of the
things I don't understand.

I imported the Cisco .pcf file successfully but still unable to connect due
to timeout. I do not know what should be entered in the 'Credentials' box
that appears to have username and password fields. I do not enter any such
information when using my Cisco VPN client. Once I connect using the Cisco
client, I use Remote Desktop Connection to a PC/Server that I need to
connect.

Can anybody help me figure this out and help me connect using Win 7 64bit?
Thanks in advance.

With regards,
- Milind Joshi

"In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always
wins ... not through strength but through persistence."