[vpn-help] Problem with setup of Netgear FVS318G and shrew client

Robbie Gibson rgibson at sarkissianmason.com
Tue Aug 24 17:46:16 CDT 2010

I've been trying to setup a vpn using shrew 2.1.6 to connect to a netgear
fvs318g router from other computers outside the network.  I followed the
netgear setup tutorial http://shrew.net/support/wiki/HowtoNetgear and have
it to a point where it says it connects but on the router side on the vpn
connection status tab I get "ipsec sa not established" on client side using
the vpn trace under security policies I get 2 ipsec policies and no secutiry
associations.  Attached are the 3 logs from the trace program.  I have also
attached the mode config page from the router and the ike policy from the
router.

Thanks,

Rob Gibson