[vpn-help] FW: FW: RE: No DHCP Response from Gateway

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Fri Dec 3 16:31:00 CST 2010

On 11/26/2010 9:28 AM, Ben Chamberlain wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>
> I appreciate that you have many queries to answer but did you have any thoughts on the below?

Sorry. I have been swamped lately. In my previous response, I was asking
if you have 192.168.1.0/24 defined in one of your policies. I meant in
one of the policies defined on the Fortigate end.

The only thing I can think of is that there is a difference in the way
the working Fortigate is configured vs your primary Fortigate. This may
be related to a security policy ( check your firewall rules ) that
references the 192.168.1.0/24 network. Maybe another site to site tunnel
that uses that network? Another option could be that you have a static
route that points 192.168.1.0/24 to an internal gateway? I'm not sure.
Have you gone through both firewalls and done an in depth config
comparison to ensure they are exactly the same?

-Matthew