[vpn-help] Shrew 2.2.0 alpha 10: LSO not ok

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Mon Dec 13 11:08:13 CST 2010

On 12/13/2010 2:31 AM, bernd.muschke at online.de wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>
> LSO has the same problems with the current alpha on my broadcom as
> before: disconnects while uploading, ok while downloading.

As luck would have it, I just came across a spare Broadcom BCM5700 that
I can use for testing. There are two versions of LSO. Perhaps the Intel
cards I was testing with implemented a different version than Broadcom
supports and we still have a bug. Can you please confirm that you were
testing on a Windows 7 host?

> For the installation I didn't remove the old 2.1.7 manually, it was done
> by the installer.
>
> What do you need to trace this issue?

I can perform more testing with my Broadcom. Can you please install the
2.2.0 version on an Intel system and see if you have better luck. My
testing showed a vast improvement ( 22k/s to 6MB/s ).