[vpn-help] centos 5.5 -> ssg5

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Fri Dec 3 16:45:58 CST 2010

On 12/2/2010 2:20 PM, aurfalien at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Having a lot of trouble getting Shrew working on Centos so that it
> connects to an SSG5.
>
> Read some docs here;
>
> http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/HowtoJuniperSsg
>
> Also tried other VPN clients for perhaps better debug and it looks to be
> my OS which is the issue regarding NAT support in the kernel?
>
> Any one mind shedding some light on how I can get this working?

What happens when you try to connect? I'm not aware of a IPsec VPN
client that has better debug facilities than the Shrew Soft client.
Maybe I'm bias :) Have a look at the iked.conf man page ...

              log_file quoted;
                      The path and file name that should be used for log
outâ
                      put.
              log_level (none | error | info | debug | loud | decode);
                      The log output detail level. The default value for
this
                      parameter is none.
              pcap_decrypt quoted;
                      The path and file name that should be used to dump
                      decrypted ike packets in pcap format. If no pcap_ike
                      statement is specified, this feature is disabled.
              pcap_encrypt quoted;
                      The path and file name that should be used to dump
                      encrypted ike packets in pcap format. If no pcap_pub
                      statement is specified, this feature is disabled.

... and this article in our support wiki ...

http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/BugReportVpnUnix