[vpn-help] New 2.2.0 Alpha Build Available ( PLEASE TEST !!! )

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Thu Dec 16 00:36:48 CST 2010

On 12/15/2010 11:10 PM, Noach Sumner wrote:
> Okay, I tested on 2 more computers (all are Windows 7 but 2 were 32 bit
> and 1 is 64). The results are reproducible... I am connecting to a
> Fortigate unit and have tried connecting to 2 different Fortigate units
> with the same results. I can ping things on the remote side if I know
> the IP, I can do an nslookup since I know the IP of the DNS server but
> all in all things are pretty bleak. I am also getting disconnected from
> the key daemon regularly and it doesn't work again without restarting my
> computer (probably I could just restart some services I admit).
>
> Okay indeed if I restart the Shrew IKE Daemon things work again (the
> service was no longer running BTW). I pulled this out of the event log.

Right. That doesn't look good. I would fall back to 2.1.7 and give me a
few days to try and reproduce some of these issues. I'm guessing some of
the DHCP over IPsec code got out of sync between the two versions. I
placed this on my todo list and will get back with you once I think I
have things in order.

Thanks for testing,